About All Saints
All Saints’ came into existence because a small group of laymen were anxious to establish a church in Cheltenham where the services should be of a High Church Tractarian type, different from those usually found in the town. The foundation stone was laid on 27th December 1865, there is however, a mystery surrounding the laying of the foundation stone as despite attempts to locate it, the site is as yet unknown, although if it were laid, as tradition would dictate, in the north east corner, it may well be obscured by the later addition to the building housing the John Wood Room. The church was consecrated on 2nd November 1868 by the Rt. Revd. C. J. Ellicott, Bishop of Gloucester. The Parish of All Saints’, Pittville, Cheltenham, was formed by adjusting the boundaries of two neighbouring parishes.